Sunday, May 15, 2005

Loving my new Dimage X50

I am not a techy kind of person. When I first met my husband, Steve, almost ten years ago, I had vowed to stay away from computers. My previous husband was crazy about them. He had just gotten his new computer set up with all the new software. That was back in the eighties when you had to know how to speak computerese (or at least MS-DOS) to do stuff on computers. His new computer had a small green screen, and you had to use C prompts and stuff like that. He had gotten in the tub, and I asked if I could use it. Since I didn’t know what I was doing, I would ask before doing “anything”. I would yell from our computer room, which was the size of a broom closet, to the bathroom, whatever the computer said to me. He finally got tired of me asking if it was OK and said go ahead, that I couldn’t hurt it. The computer said, “Do you want to re-format?” or something like that, and since he said that I couldn’t hurt it, I hit “yes.” I didn’t know that meant that it was going to erase everything that he had put on his new computer. Wow, that sure pissed him off. That is why it took me almost ten years, and a whole lot of sweet talking from my new partner, Steve, to get enough courage to get on a computer.

I just got a new camera a week ago. It is a Konica Minolta Dimage X50. It is so easy to use that I almost feel as though I am cheating. The macro feature is awesome. I can get closer than three inches to an object and focus it. I can carry it wherever I go because it is so small. Another feature that I adore is the large two-inch LCD screen that enables me to clearly see what I have just shot. the menus are easy to read as well as to understand, and in just one week I have already taken hundreds of pictures, several of which I am absolutely delighted with and will share in the virtual pages of this blog.

No comments: