Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Grokking the Magnificance

I live in the mountains with an incredible plethora of deciduous and evergreen trees surrounding me. Here, on the edge of a majestic wilderness, I have made my home for over thirty years. Still, I am stopped dead in my tracks daily by the fantastic beauty of these massive creatures. Likewise, there are billions of people inhabiting this earth, and when I take the time to really grok an individual, I am amazed by their beauty. Well, last evening, Steve and I were coming home from a Memorial Day Pot Luck Dinner Party when we came around a turn and saw a beautiful oak with the evening sun shining it’s golden rays upon it. I asked Steve to pull over so I could get out to take a few pictures of this majestic oak. I have passed by this tree for over 30 years and only this last evening, I recognize its full glory.

Steve continued driving us home, and, again I asked to get out at our driveway because I couldn’t stand being in the car any longer. I had to bask in the liquid golden light. My favorite time to shoot photographs is the hour before sunset, and also I love taking pictures by moonlight and candlelight. I feel so blessed to live here in this gorgeous, peaceful, wild place I call home.

No comments: