Friday, October 21, 2005

Once a Little Brother, Always a Little Brother


I SO love to garden. However, I am not the greatest gardener in the world, just in the top 15. Unfortunately, our water is limited, and I am afraid of running out. Or maybe it’s that it gets so dog gone hot in the summer garden. I can hardly stand being in there except early in the morning, when I would much rather be sleeping. I have lots of excuses for being a just so-so gardener.

My little brother, Eddie, is a fabulous gardener! He has incredible yields with potatoes and other vegetables that he grows on his forty acres outside of Winslow, Arkansas. I am sharing a picture of him in his garden taken this past summer. See how lush his garden looks! He is standing next to a tobacco plant that he grew, and he doesn’t even smoke tobacco. Go figure.

Isn’t it funny how I will always see him as my little brother, and there is nothing little about him. I love him so much, and I hardly ever get to see him, or even talk to him on the phone. Call me, little brother.

No comments: